Latest #HarmonyKorine Posts
- La vita segmentata in molteplici realtà, realtà radicate ai limiti della civiltà umana. In certi luoghi la storia è soltanto passeggera, porta via tutto senza pagarne le conseguenze. Tutto ciò che resta è uno stato di degrado che si manifesta nei giochi dei bambini e delle nuove donne.
- Key Zest by Moondog. Poetry. Now on the InstaShop. “Moondog is the greatest poet in the history of Key West. I read a few of these pages and loved every minute of it.” Harmony Korine.
#beachbum #harmonykorine #moondog
- "Às vezes, quando dirijo por essas ruas à noite, posso sentir o cheiro da dor de toda essa gente jogada por aí. Posso farejar como essas pessoas apenas estão presas em suas vidas… Suas vidinhas do dia-a-dia. Elas não vêem muito. Às vezes se perdem e às vezes se sentem perdidas" #HarmonyKorine #TrashHumpers
- Bless the films of Harmony Korine, I know many people despise his movies but I’ve always found his brand of depravity, kind of riveting and completely distasteful. (Gummo is an all timer)
Nobody saw his latest #TheBeachBum starring Matthew McConaughey in his truest form and an extended panini bearded, JNCO wearing Zac Efron. Featuring a great yacht rock soundtrack including Jimmy Buffet, Steely Dan and Gordon Lightfoot. this movie takes the cheesy parrot head motif and transforms it into a film that’s such a liberating experience.
Also, gotta love SPRING BREAKERS. One of my favs of the decade.
#bluray #bluraycollection #bluraycollector
#harmonykorine #matthewmcconaughey #zacefron
- Here I present Mister Lonely, a film by Harmony Korine. I am a big fan of Korine and I believe Mister Lonely to be his best and most intimate film.
The film follows a Michael Jackson impersonator who finds solace and love when he meets a Marilyn Monroe impersonator. She takes him to a remote island where impersonators are free to live their fantasies, escape the world and become who they want to be. Interwoven and complimenting the main story is a story about a priest and a group of nuns who experience a miracle due their utter devotion to Christ. While these stories do not come together, they are thematically connected. This is important to note as you watch.
Korine crafts a beautifully bittersweet story here, incorporating themes such as emotional isolation, social alienation and mental illness. It is a film dealing with people of extreme loneliness and unhappiness in this world. Due to not liking who they and striving to be elements of other people, to either find ones self or escape from ones self. This links with the theme of mental illness and in the case of Mister Lonely, it is depression. As with many of Korine's film, he employs the use of hyper realism with the world and characters he creates here. Everything is somewhat exaggerated to emphasize it thematically. Nothing is explicity stated as it is mainly told through emotion. Combined also with beautiful shots, imperfect edits, use of colour and music, the film has an intoxicating dream like feel to it which I absoutley loved.
The film also is intriguingly autobiographical and with further reading I believe it is. It was fascinating to dive this deep into the mind and feelings of the director. Performance wise, everyone is absolutley fantastic. Perfectly assisting in executing the director's vision. I'd pick out favourites but I adored everyone.
I will end this review by saying that from Mister Lonely we should take away that the person we strive to be is already in us and can be found within each other, as we all strive for self realization and acceptance.
- Little Gummo throwback. I sort of obsessed over some of my favourite films and drew little stills from them. Graphite on scrap paper x
- MOVIE REVIEW✏
The Beach Bum is written and directed by Harmony Korine and stars Matthew McConaughey, Isla Fischer, and Snoop Dog as a rich and rebellious stoner poet plays the game of life by his own set of rules. I never saw "Springbreakers," so I'm not as well versed in the stylistic choices of a Harmony Korine. The absent minded, tonally disorganized, and chaotic nature of this film is a lot to take in, but if you brace yourself for the experience and the journey with McConaughey's Moondog, there are things to enjoy and sights to see here for sure. .
But let me just make one thing clear, this is not what I would call a "good" movie. Narratively, almost nothing works, the cast is such a mishmash of varying degrees of talent, none of which have any chemistry with each other what so ever, and just conceptually, it trys to be more than what it is capable of being and fails on every level. Was I entertained though? Sure. The cinematography and camera work here is gorgeous. It captures a real flavor of life in Miami and the Key West region. You feel like you're there with them, partying, and just having a real free spirit time. Mccaughey, even though his character isn't very well written and lacking in emotional depth, gives a fantastic performance here. Snoop Dog, on the other hand, shouldn't be in any film and sucked the life out of every scene he was in. So there you have it. My review. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take the last paragraph to talk about Martin Lawrence and how much I miss him.
Martin Lawrence is ready for his big comeback and I don't know if this is the movie to do it, but I was so happy to see him return here. He brought more energy, comedy, and life into this film, with his 10 minutes of screen time, then the rest of the cast combined. He's still got it! Why do we, as a people, not allow or offer Lawrence to be in more things? It makes no sense. Thank God for Will Smith and the next Bad Boys sequel bringing him back! That's going to be awesome! And we also need a "Nothing to Lose" sequel. Just saying. Anyways...ohhh yeah..Beachbum...the score...
SCORE - 6.25/10
#beachbum #review #moviereview #movie #film #filmreview
Top #HarmonyKorine Posts