Latest #MetCamp Posts
- I lean toward the Isherwoodian Camp, not Sontagian (or whatever) #metcamp
- Maria Callas stamp by Marc Jacobs #Metcamp ”The camp personality reveals itself in the flamboyant gestures, the exaggerated tone, the operatic voice, the inflated role-playing” Karl Keller 1981 #muse #art #fashion #museum #opera
- Gotta say that I enjoyed the actual CAMP: Notes On Fashion exhibition at The MET so much more than the red carpet arrivals for the Gala a while back. At the beginning of the exhibit, you’re greeted with the inspo - an excerpt from Susan Sontag’s “Notes On Camp” (Also, the Sontag souvenir t-shirts were almost sold out this week. I ened up scooping up a Lagerfeld one, along with an Anna Wintour pin that I cannot wait to wear.) - set against pink-tastic backdrop. From there, you’re treated to an impressively detailed look at the history of CAMP. There’s so much you’ll recognize if you follow fashion and pop culture, including designs by Unkle Karl and Gaulthier, art by Warhol, vintage rainbow platforms by Ferragamo (that you’ll swear are circa 1970’s but are in fact from 1938 and were made for 🌈🌈🌈Judy Garland), and that swan dress from Bjork Oscar red carpet appearance. The artifacts and mood are whimsical and awe-inspiring. If you’re looking for a reason to take a trip into the City this summer, this is it. [PS - And yes, we saw the head curator of the Costume Institute, Andrew Bolton, decked out in a neat Thom Browne cardi, giving a personalized tour of the exhibit to a small group.] Swipe to see all the 📸’s #MetCamp #campnotesonfashion #themetropolitanmuseumofart
- Cocktails after Camping (at the Met!) 🎨 Finally got to check out the Met Gala exhibit the year! So weird our invite to walk the red carpet never delivered to us - maybe next year! #metcamp
- One of my heroes: Charles-Geneviève-Louis-Auguste-André-Timothée d'Éon de Beaumont (1728 – 1810), more commonly known as le Chevalier d'Éon. He was a French diplomat, spy, and, let’s not forget, officer in the Dragoon Guards who fought in the Seven Years' War. For much of his life, d'Éon dressed as a woman, identifying as female. While exiled to London, ‘d’Éon capitalized on his identity as a woman by forging a career performing fencing demonstrations.’ Mosnier’s 1792 portrait of d’Éon shows the sitter wearing the full cockade of a supporter of the French Revolution while also sporting the Grand Cross of the Order of Saint Louis, instituted by Louis XIV. This irony will hopefully be picked up on by at least some of today’s viewers of #metcamp. #metmuseum #chevalierdeon #fencing #camp #lechatmousquetaire #libertéegalitéfraternité
- Added some extra sparkle to really camp it up #metcamp
Top #MetCamp Posts
- I spent my last day in New York City at @metmuseum I’ve been before, but it never disappoints and always leaves me inspired, bustling with ideas, questions. I always say I’m going to turn the TV off more and read more instead! This time I want you to hold me to it!!😉I’m thankful for my ability to travel and see some of the beauty and creativity of this world🙏🏼 I am also loving the sneakers and dresses are on trend! 🙌🏼 #met #themet #museumlover #artgallery #travelblogger #nyc #newyorkcity #metgala #fashionart #metcamp
- Lady Gaga slayed it at The Met Gala this year! .
Influential Women Pt 40: 🎤Lady Gaga🎶: an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She is known for her unconventionality and provocative work, as well as visual experimentation.
Having sold 27 million albums and 146 million singles as of January 2016, Gaga is one of the best-selling music artists in history. Her achievements include several Guinness World Records, six Grammys, three Brit Awards, and an award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Council of Fashion Designers of America. Gaga has been declared Billboard's Artist of the Year and included among Forbes's power and earnings rankings.
Gaga has been often regarded as a trailblazer for sometimes utilizing controversy to bring attention to various issues. Time placed Gaga on their All-Time 100 Fashion Icons List, stating: "Lady Gaga is just as notorious for her outrageous style as she is for her pop hits .
She is known for her philanthropy and social activism, including LGBT rights, and for her non-profit organization, the Born This Way Foundation, which focuses on promoting youth empowerment and combating bullying. ..
#libertyjaine #ladygaga #ladygagafan #ladygaga4ever #bornthiswayfoundation #bornthisway #influentialwomen #metgaga #femaleisthefuture #ladygagmet #ladygagametgala #themetgala #themetgala2019 #themet #metgala2019 #ladygaganow #metgala #popicon #littlemonsters #gaga #metgalafashion #cosplay #babycosplay #gagafivefoottwo #metcamp #thefamemonster #hausofgaga #stephanigermanotta #metball #thefame
- Two people whom Lucy and Ben drool over – in life and in costume – are Erza Miller and Jared Leto. For us, their costumes are certainly deserving of consideration for ‘Best Dressed’ (not only do we love a theme at Dress: Fancy, we’re also partial to a costume category). These outfits did much to challenge notions of ‘toxic masculinity’, for which we offer a sequinned glove salute to them. (3/15)
- @zacposen knows how to take my breath away! 🥰
He did again with the amazing Met Gala plastic dress wore by @nina Dobrev ✨
I had to illustrate it 😍