Latest #NZ Posts
- Going to sleep on a positive or with gratitude allows the subconscious mind to spend your sleep time seeking out more positives and you are more likely to wake up feeling reset and uplifted.
An easy exercise is to reflect on 3 things that were positive or you were grateful for that day as you are going to sleep (writing them down is even better). This simple exercise done each night can help to give you a more positive outlook on life.
- QUIZ NIGHT TONIGHT and the teams are getting bigger ... and smarter each week 😉 Thanks to @morefmradio we've got entertainment (it's called Sam) as well as food vendors open and a bar, wahoo! We'll have the heaters ready for you come 5.30pm!
- Curtis v Minister of Defence.
Helen Clark became Prime Minister of #NZ in 1999, and one of her decisions was to sell the #skyhawk fighter planes, thus disbanding the #RNZAF’s air combat capability.
Mr Curtis didn’t like this. He didn’t like this at all. Not 👏 one 👏 bit 👏 #topgun #highwaytothedangerzone He was clearly a fan of guys turning up to the bar with questionable haircuts waving their hands around in the air and saying #becauseiwasinverted “You know what I’m gonna do?” he asked, rhetorically. “You tell us what you’re gonna do, Curtdawg,” said the guy at the local #RSA without looking up from his pint of #speights. “I’m gonna take them to court. Bloody #gummint just can’t do this. They just... They just can’t!” #Imgonnahitemwiththebigartillery And as the bar patrons chuckled at how rarked up he was getting, he shook his fist and left the bar, shouting, “I’ll show you!” #RhysDarbywasMrCurtisinmymindthere
So he did. He took the #labour government to court by way of judicial review of their decision, arguing that they were bound by the Defence Act to maintain an #airforce, and that an RNZAF without #fighterjets was no real Air Force.
Sadly, the Court did not decide on that issue. It ruled that the training and disposition of the armed forces was a #prerogative matter and therefore #nonjusticiable #separationofpowers And so therefore what the government decided to do with them was no business of the courts.
#lawillustrated #learningtodraw #llb #lawyer #lawstudent #publiclaw #administrativelaw #military #NZDF
- Sunset at Porangahau
Model, my wife the always patient and tolerant @dohertyc59, with supporting roles from Pippy the Spaniel and Gizmo the Terrier.
- Glitter wild flower Birthday crowns might be just become my favorite thing!
What do you guys think?
- [Day 42, km~1115] I love this photo because as much as I relish being in new environments and experiencing the grandeur, what I favor more is watching that light come alive in others.
Top #NZ Posts
- You will never know if something is meant for you if you don’t give it a proper chance. Whether it’s a relationship, new job, new city or new experience; throw yourself completely into it and don’t hold back. If it doesn’t work out then it probably wasn’t meant for you anyway and you’ll walk away without regret, knowing you put your whole heart into it. It’s a horrible feeling leaving a situation knowing you should have and could have done more. So immerse yourself in the things that make you feel the most ‘you’ and don’t hold back. ❤️
- Amazing picture in Fiordland National Park - 📸✨@chiditty✨