Latest #SamFalls Posts
- 👜 L’art est dans le sac
Pour donner plus d’âme à leurs sacs et objets nomades, de nombreuses marques collaborent avec des personnalités du monde de l’art, qui revisitent leurs modèles fétiches. Louis Vuitton a fait appel à 6 artistes qui se sont appropriés le sac Capucines. Modèle de prédilection de Brigitte Macron lancé en 2013, il porte ce nom en hommage au boulevard parisien, première adresse du malletier en 1854. Sam Falls, Jonas Wood, Urs Fischer ou encore Alex Israel ont transposé leurs univers sur du cuir. Autant d’occasions pour Louis Vuitton de repousser les limites de son savoir-faire en réalisant des broderies en 3 D ou à la main, en incrustant de la nacre ou en travaillant l’impression numérique sur du cuir. Des œuvres mobiles qui se portent et qui se vivent
Article complet signé @fabriceleonard_ sur LePoint.fr
#LouisVuitton #LVMH #BrigitteMacron #SacCapucines #VuittonCapucines #Vuitton #LV #SamFalls #JonasWood #UrsFischer #AlexIsrael #mode #CapucinesBag
- ‘Louis Vuitton X’ an immersive journey through the House’s 160-year history of creative exchanges and artistic collaborations
JUN 28 -SEP 15
468 NORTH RODEO DRIVE
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210
#ARTYCAPUCINES collection sees six contemporary artists bring their unique visions to Louis Vuitton’s iconic Capucines bag.
Born in 1984 in San Diego, #SamFalls studied physics, linguistics and philosophy before becoming an artist; he now lives and works in Los Angeles.
#UrsFischer was born in 1973 in Zurich, Switzerland, where he studied photography at the Schule für Gestaltung. He now lives and works in New York.
Born in Cape Town in 1975, #Hlobo studied fine art at Technikon Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, where he still lives.
Born in 1982, #AlexIsrael graduated from Yale University, Connecticut (BA), and the University of Southern California, Los Angeles (MFA). Born in Harlem, New York, in 1990, #TschabalalaSelf graduated from Bard College in 2012 and Yale School of Art in 2015. She currently lives and works in New Haven, Connecticut.
#JonasWood was born in Boston, USA, in 1977. He graduated in 1999 from Hobart and William Smith Colleges, New York, and was awarded an MFA from the University of Washington, Seattle, in 2002.
#KarlLagerfeld #ReiKawakubo #CindySherman #FrankGehry #YayoiKusama #Richard Prince #ZahaHadid
🔷 La Lumière des Mondes 🔷
🔸L’exposition « La Lumière des Mondes » vise à incarner et à célébrer le lien entre les êtres au-delà de la simple filiation. La Nature engendre la Création, la Lumière permet de la révéler. Sans la Lumière, la Terre serait plongée dans l’obscurité. Prophéties, contes, mythologies, qu’ils soient populaires ou religieux, les histoires évoquant l’astre Solaire, le flambeau donnant Vie à la Terre, sont légendes. Vitale, elle l’est aussi pour les artistes, beaucoup cherchent à appréhender, retranscrire, et sublimer la Lumière, mais elle est aussi et avant tout un symbole. Elle nous guide et nous enveloppe.🔸
📸 vue de l'exposition (c) Arthur Pequin
#exhibition #nature #transmission #creation #light #collectiondragonfly #contemporaryart #art #domainedesetangs #lalumieredesmondes #france #charente #lalaiterie #thelightoftheworlds #sculpture #installation #cast #fer #anthonygormley #louisebourgeois #samfalls
- Arty Capucines PM by Sam Falls✨.
- Sam Falls’ aluminum sculptures are powder-coated with resilient UV-protected pigment on the outside, while the interior of the sculpture is without UV protection. The unique weather and light conditions of the environment will change and fade the the work’s appearance as time passes. “Untitled (Orange)” is stunningly situated in our client’s yard and we can’t wait to revisit it to see how natural processes have been at play.
- Legendary fashion meets one-of-a-kind art. 👛 The story behind these handbags and where you can snag these wearable works of art via the link in bio.
- Natural wonder. Sam Falls translated one of his signature abstract landscapes onto the Capucines bag for the new @LouisVuitton Artycapucines Collection. LOVE when art and fashion collide!! 🧡 #fashionfriday
- A new, wall-spanning work by Sam Falls is on view in 'La Lumière des Mondes' (The Light of the Worlds) @DomainedesEtangs in Massignac Charente, France.
Featuring twenty-five international artists, also including Jean-Marie Appriou, the exhibition is an exploration of nature, of the universal mother, of complementary forces, such as the feminine and the masculine, the earth and the sky, the vertical and the horizontal, and of the transformation required for each of us to renew with our unity, and hence renew our commitment to the earth. Viewings by appointment.
Sam Falls, Eden, Path, Morning, 2019
#SamFalls #DomainedesEtangs #Charente #LaLumieredesMondes #NatureasArt
Installation view: Arthur Pequin; Domaine des Etangs, Massignac, 2019
- Today was inspiring. The artwork was beautiful, but more than that... I could feel and appreciate the process required to create these cultural moments of art that changed the world and built such an incredible legacy. Being an artist is the definition of sacrifice. The year I released Book of Lolita, I stopped working my “9-5”. My tax returns clocked my personal income at SEVENTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS that year. Everything I made from music went back into the music. But I was the happiest I’ve ever been... I didn’t even realize or choose to acknowledge how broke I was. All that mattered was that head was clear, I was creating daily, and my output was pure. I’m still creating, trying to find that headspace again and reclaim a piece of the innocence that allows ideas to flow freely. I know it’s possible to create the life you desire, but it doesn’t come without risk or sacrifice. Anyway, happy Sunday, love you, stay inspired. #JonasWood #SamFalls #Urs Fischer #NicholasHlobo #TschabalalaSelf #AlexIsrael #SolLeWitt #JeffKoons #AzzedineAlaïa #KarlLagerfeld #MarcJacobs #virgilabloh #frankgehry #louisvuittonx
Top #SamFalls Posts
- Sam Falls' solo exhibition at our Zurich space continues through May 18. We will be closed May 1 for International Workers' Day, but are otherwise open Tuesday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm, and Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm.
Falls explains his new outdoor sculpture 'Room':
"It's ceramic tiles I've made by embedding plants in clay and then burning them out and then installing them in steel I-beams. The I-beam is a common building block of industrial architecture and also became a staple of western sculpture, especially in minimalism. So the goal was to take this material and make a small "room" that referencing both architecture and minimalism in function and form and then insert something much more organic and natural in material and subject. Together the glazed ceramics and steel I-beams make a space that is both familiar and traditional but also new and thoughtful through this juxtaposition."
Sam Falls, Room, 2019
#SamFalls #GalerieEvaPresenhuber #Sculpture #SeeMoreArt #Zurich
Photo: Stefan Altenburger
- Natural wonder. #SamFalls translated one of his signature abstract landscapes onto the Capucines bag for the new #LouisVuitton Artycapucines Collection. Explore the limited-edition collaboration with six renowned contemporary artists via link in bio.
- Join us in Zurich this Friday, 6 to 8 pm, to celebrate the opening of Sam Falls' new exhibition.
Concerned with the intimacy of time, the illustration of place, and exploration of mortality, Falls has created his own formal language by intertwining photography's core parameters of time and exposure with nature and her elements.
The two paintings named 'Autumn Ground (aspen trees, 1)' and 'Autumn Ground (aspen trees, 2)' are akin to photographic negatives. They are covered with dye punctuated by the silhouettes of aspen leaves, thereby giving shape to the artist's formal approach. In order to create these works, Falls employed his knowledge of nature and media. Over the course of a week in October the canvases lay on a mountainside thick with Aspen trees and accumulated the falling foliage to create natural compositions on the forest floor. Throughout the week Falls hiked up to the site and scattered natural dyes over the leaf covered canvases. The dyes were then catalyzed by the varied precipitation throughout the week, and the composition organically changed as windblown leaves moved across the canvas, creating a new exposure and additive image in the dye. The paintings are simultaneously recognizable as part of his oeuvre and unpredictable, allowing the melancholy and beauty of the season to emanate from the work.
Sam Falls, Autumn Ground (aspen trees, 1), 2018;
Autumn Ground (aspen trees, 2), 2018
#SamFalls #GalerieEvaPresenhuber #SeeMoreArt #Zurich
Photo: Joshua White
- The Unlimited preview has just begun! Sam Falls' 9-part painting installation, curated by Gianni Jetzer, is on view in hall 1.1, U46.
"This body of work depicts the unique and rich collection of national forests in California, where almost every type of landscape environment can be found. I traveled to every part of the state and made a painting in each national forest representative of a specific climate using native plants. I work in the forest site-specifically using a dry pigment spread over trimmings and collected plants that are then set by the moisture in the air overnight. Thus, the works are representations of the plants and also the specific environment
Together they represent the diversity of a state and a nation and a silent testament to nature around the world and the hope for its preservation in a changing political and global climate." – Sam Falls
Sam Falls, California Flora (National Forest Condensation Wall, North to South), 2017
#SamFalls #GalerieEvaPresenhuber #ArtBasel #ArtBasel2019 #ArtUnlimited #Unlimited
Installation view: Stefan Altenburger