Latest #blackgirlmagic Posts
- Kings of the North!!!! Turn the 6 upside down it’s a 9 now
- Get the look in our Cee Cee Shades! 😍
- In celebration of Youth Month, your fave will be interviewed this morning on The Agenda, Channel 404 at 9:00. Don’t miss it ☺️. Inspiring the next generation of aviation and space leaders in Africa. Let’s go 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 📸: @veggyonthepic
- This dream took many years to come to fruition...though I have 10 plus years of teaching experience for both youth and adults I didn't have the freedom to create workshops that I felt were needed. But God's timing was perfect and this January 2019 these amazing women joined me for my first Spark Your Fire: She Lit Workshop!!
A workshop for the women who don't always have time to take a class, or can't find a class they feel comfortable and un-judged in...so I created that space for us, where we can learn together, laugh together and just let our hair down for once with no judgement!!! Workshops are only every three months to fit into the busy schedules of Moms and Working women who just sometimes need a break and refresher! My mission is for women to leave the workshop feeling re-inspired and re-energized from the encouragement and support of other women like themselves!!!
I'm so excited for next month's workshop where I have collabed with @districtmotherhued to bring Mamas and their tribes together to connect and dance it out!!! --------------------------
Tickets will go on sale next week and there are a limited amount so be sure to stay tuned for the link!
Until then mark your calendars and get your sitters on deck!!! 🗓✍🏾👫🏾
#sparkyourfire #mamalit #danceandsip #dance #sip #danceworkshop #danceclass #women #woman #glowup #dmvwomen #shetribe #sisterhood #release #inspiration #womenempowerment #mysisterskeeper #womensupportwomen #dmvmomtribe #districtmotherhued #dcmoms #womentribe #mdwomen #dcwomen #collab #womenentrepreneurs #blackgirlmagic
- Grateful to have provided the desserts for the A Seat at the Table Series launch party. I made them mini vanilla and strawberry cupcakes to go with the delicate and feminine feel of their event. The purple is for ASAT’s own brand color and the pink is just the natural color created from the fresh strawberry purée I use in my buttercream. Each was then topped with edible crushed glitter, silver and gold.
If you are looking to find a community of black women in Austin who care about the black woman, the black family, and the black economy. Follow @aseatathetableseries and attend their next event! They really are an awesome family that provide a space for black woman to just be, unapologetically.
#blackwomenatwork #atxevents #blacknetworking #minicupcakes #blackgirlmagic #blackownedbakery #strawberrycake #catering #atxcatering #atxcater
- Turn on the lights! 📝 🔦 Sagittarius Full Moon had me buried in my books all day, getting serious about these career goals! We are halfway in 2019 and today’s energy was not playing. Jotting down notes, organizing my business notebooks, updating my calendar, checking my affirmations to see if they still align with what I want...this full Moon gave me a lot of clarity on what I really want and what I need to do to make it happen. Or at least point me in the right direction. 🍓 🌝 Sagittarius is very expansive and this is a great time to see where you can grow and expand your life. Let this bright light illuminate you for greatness! #theflyastrologer
Top #blackgirlmagic Posts
- TALK TO THE HAND ... 🖐🏾
💥If I raise of an eye brow with an acute arch of disgust. 💥If my eyes roll from East to West then North to South. 💥If my voice goes an octave above sea level.
💥 If my hand gestures slice through the atmosphere with assertion.
💥If I question your truth with my presence of Blackness.
💥 If my tongue cuts through styrofoam and stained glass.
💥If I try to elucidate my perspective with passion and poise.
💥If my voice is an instrument that challenges your perceived reality.
💥 If my emotions erupt like lava sprouting from Mt. Vesuvius. 💥 If I stand like a flamingo balancing the politics of correctness. 💥If my emotions are in motion . . . .
Then I’m considered an “ANGRY BLACK WOMAN”. .
Don’t worry ... I’ll maintain a divinely spiritual flow and fluidity as I wear that title as a badge of honor! .
Photo by @andrewwhite_fo_real
Styling by @sambatesstyle
MUA by @clara_rae .
#monday #mondaymotivation #healing #wellness #selflove #selfcare #leo #angryblackwan #blackgirlmagic #sustainablefashion #eco #green #ethicalfashion #nylonmagazine #coloful #vintage #upcycle
- fine print. 📚✍🏽
I’ve been following @elainewelteroth’s journey (and impeccable fashion sense 🤤😍) since 2016 when she was named editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue - only the second African-American to hold such a title in Condé Nast’s 107-year history. In this role she brought social consciousness to the magazine’s pages, transforming the teen title into a credible news source. Now we can see her on television as a standout judge on @bravotv’s Project Runway, along with writing on hit shows like @grownish (one of my faves that I’m prob too old for 🤦🏽♀️), and so much more. -
so thankful that Elaine felt called upon to share her testimony with others in her new book “More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say)” - and especially for using her platform to inspire and uplift her fellow brown girls.
aside from her telling me that she would totally wear my outfit (*insert squeals here*) my biggest takeaway was the following gem of a quote she dropped: “when the world asks you to shrink, expand.”...it’s truly that simple,sis. 💛
- Alexa play Beyoncé 🗣 “feeling myself”
Hair: 6 bundles of @diamonddynastyvirginhair 32in exotic wavy & a 20in closure use code “jnicolee” for $$ off