Latest #calm Posts
- FOCUS & CALM.
Box Breathing, otherwise known as Four-Square Breathing or Controlled Breathing, is a great way to reduce stress and to give your mind a break for a few minutes. The Special Forces, public speakers, and surgeons use tactical breathing to help control their thoughts and emotions when faced with challenging situations that obscure their clarity.
THIS breathing technique involves taking slow, deep breaths while counting to four while you breathe in, hold for four, breathe out for four, hold for four. 🧡 Start by relaxing your whole body and be seated if possible.
Sit upright, and then slowly exhale, getting all the oxygen out of your lungs. Really focus on this and be conscious of what you’re doing.
🧡 Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose to the count of four, very slowly in your head.
Feel the coolness of the air you’re breathing in and the way it fills your lungs, one section at a time until they are completely full. 🧡 Hold your breath for another slow count of four. 🧡 Exhale through your mouth for the same slow count of four, expelling the air from your lungs and abdomen. Be conscious of the feeling of the air leaving your lungs, how the coolness has become warmth. 🧡 Then hold your breath for another 4 counts and repeat the whole process again. 🧡
#brainfog #brainstorm #ltheanine #focus #focused #brain #brainhealth
- Celebrate International Day of Yoga & the Summer Solstice in Market Square this Friday!
Join our studio owner Martha Deeks for a 90 minute restorative yoga practice accompanied by local musician Nick Babcock. Come for 7:30pm, class will begin at 8pm.
You can register for the class on our website or use our free app! BONUS if you do and have never been to our studio before, we will be giving you a FREE WEEK PASS to come visit us! So tag your friends 😉
Also can we all send some extra 💜 to the incredibly talented @briantchard for capturing this image😮😍🙌👏 Wow!
#MYK #YGK #InternationalDayofYoga #SummerSolstice #yogaforeverybody #freeyogaclass #kingston #kingston_on #modoyoga #calm #fit #inspired
- Places like these cause serenity 🙌🏼
- The ultimate stone for water lovers, our Aquamarine bracelet is perfect for every ocean enthusiast! One of our favorite ocean enthusiasts, Kaimana the Green Sea Turtle, was released back into the ocean on Tuesday (along with our buddy Tango). Kaimana means “Diamond of the Sea”, and this plucky little turtle is definitely a treasure for sure. And she’ll certainly be less stressed now that she’s back home. Another gem of the sea, the Aquamarine, can be extremely helpful in reducing stress and anxiety when worn on the body. Known as the stone of calm courage, Aquamarine quiets the mind and invokes tolerance and patience in life. It overcomes judgementalism, releases fears, and supports those overwhelmed by responsibilities. Excellent for every sensitive and stressed soul in your life!
#healingstones #healingbracelets #heartchakrajewelry #aquamarinebracelet #aquamarinejewelry #gemstonebracelets #waterlovers #calm #feelthecalm #relaxation #destress #antianxiety #loggerheadmarinelifecenter
- "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
- To ruminate means to "think deeply about something". The definition itself doesn't sound so bad, but what you think about matters. .
Rumination over negative thoughts can have a serious mental and physical impact on your health. Our beliefs dictate our lives, they determine our thoughts and feelings, how we view ourselves, where we focus our attention and what we believe is possible in our lives. So when you have the same negative, repetitive thoughts, you begin to manifest your own reality. .
The most difficult thing to accept about rumination, is the fact that it is informed by our real life experiences. If you fail at a test, lose a job, get rejected, these things do not determine who you are, they are a part of life and happen to everyone, but overtime, these experiences start to create a BELIEF in our minds that we are a failure, we do not have worth, and are not deserving of love. After a while, the BELIEF will turn into a habit, and eventually, form into a personality. Simply said: "What you think of, you become." / "If you believe you are a failure, you are correct. If you believe you are a winner, you are correct." Nothing is intrinsically good or bad, but we get to decide what label we put on the experiences, people, and things in our lives.
The hardest thing to come to terms with is that you have all of the power. ALL OF IT. You are responsible for your own thoughts, beliefs, habits and personality, and that is both terrifying and a great relief. If you are willing to breathe, slow down, and become conscious of your thoughts, you can start slowly changing them from pessimism to optimism, and forming new beliefs, new habits, and a new personality. .
#manifestation #manifestyourreality #mindfulness #mindfullness #mindful #mindfulmeditation #meditation #rumination #anxiety #anxietyrelief #instaanxiety #anxietyproblems #perspectiveiseverything #personalgrowth #positivemindset #inspiredaily #inspireme #instagood #socialgood #inspiredaily #quoteoftheday #questionoftheday #calm #takeadeepbreath #meditationtips #meditationhelps #breathe
Top #calm Posts
- Follow for daily posts of São Miguel Island!🇵🇹👍🇵🇹/ COMMENT WHO YOU WOULD TAKE HERE🇵🇹 / 📸: @filipa_raquel
- It’s true. You can be incredibly strong and still have moments of sadness. And sometimes those moments are longer than you want them to be. That’s ok. Feel it, allow it to move through, and move out. You can’t release it if you try to avoid it...just don’t dwell in it. Look@for the lesson and the opportunity for growth in those times.