Latest #environment Posts
- Miss us at the Greensboro Summer Solstice Festival? Then come check us out at the Festival for the Eno in Durham on July 4th and 6th!☀️
- The Tongass National Forest in Southeast Alaska is the largest national forest in the United States. Known by the U.S. Forest Service as the "crown jewel", the Tongass stretches across 17 million acres of land. Alaska Wilderness League describes the Tongass as "one of the last remaining intact temperate rainforests in the world". 70,000 people inhabit the region. While the timber industry dominated the economy for a long time, the region has transitioned into "non-timber”, such as recreation, subsistence food, salmon, scientific use, and carbon sequestration which contributes more than $2 billion" annually. Tourism supports over 10,000 jobs in the Tongass National Forest, with about 10% being related to fishing activities.
Three Alaska Native nations live in Southeast Alaska: the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian. Thirty-one communities are located within the forest; the largest is Juneau, the state capital, with a population of 31,000. The forest is named for the Tongass group of the Tlingit people, who inhabited the southernmost areas of Southeast Alaska, near what is now the city of Ketchikan
- this one kind of speaks for itself
- There’s always more that we can do to make the world a better place. Protect the natural world that surrounds you by giving to nonprofits that make the environment a priority.
Every little bit makes a difference.
#environment #wildlife #nature
- MINIMALISM/SIMPLE LIVING UPDATE! So, I havent posted in a long while about our quest for a simpler life. My urge to post on social media seems to come and go in waves, for some reason. Sometimes I'm just like *shrugs* Eh.😅 Or I just simply forget.
We continue to move forward in baby steps. I am still going through boxes and possessions and downsizing, slowly. Another thing I'm trying to do is be aware of our impact in the world. We bought a tumbler composter for the yard (still in pieces, but Ill post a pic when its put together). I would have just done a compost pile in the corner of the yard, but we need something we can move to the garage in winter. I wanted a compost container for the counter, but thought it was silly to buy one when we could make one. I had a container I was going to donate, so Hubby (Redbeard the Elder😅) drilled some air holes in it for me. Honestly though, its too small, especially since I'm trying more and more to juice and eat less processed food. The success in that area also comes and goes in waves.😅 But I'm trying.
We also purchased paper trash bags and are trying to use those instead of plastic trash bags. We're only on our second bag, but I have to say, it is really working great. You can't put too much moisture in it, obviously, but I threw away some moist things and we haven't had any leakage. All of this just makes us really aware of what we are throwing "away" and that there isn't really an "away." All of it eventually impacts the environment in which we live.
Last but not least (in this post at least), I'm jumping on the celery juice bandwagon. Im hoping it'll help my body inflammation, along with trying to clean up my eating. Giving up Coca-Cola is the hardest thing about that. Anyway, I thought I'd try to sprout my celery scraps per instructions from the internet. We'll see how that goes. I hope all my fellow strivers for minimalist, simple living are having more wins than losses too! That's all we can hope for; one foot in front of the other! ❤🤗
#minimalist #minimalism #simple #simpleliving #celeryjuice #celery #composting #compost #compostbin #environment #awareness #tryingnewthings #alwayslearning
- some vibrant thrifted accessories and handmade rockcrystal earrings for ur (not only) summer wardrobe! on mohlage.com 🕊
- Feeling nervous about a job interview tomorrow so I treated myself to a pb+j toastie and a chocolate milkshake 🌿 What's your go-to treat food? 💫
- It’s nearing the end of the summer term 🌞where the heck has this year gone 🙈but don’t we say this every year or is it just me 😂if your stuck for ideas for the teacher here is some of the bottles I’ve done this evening. I would be pretty chuffed to get one of these 👍 they are not only personalised but keep drinks hot or cold for hours 💦 only 2 weeks left to order to guarantee to get yours before schools out for summer 🥳💃 #nomoreplastic #environment #teacher
Top #environment Posts
- 🏆The Artist: @francesca_sicily_ 🌍Place: Vicolo Brugnò
🎊Complimenti/Our Congratulations!! .
🔼Visitate la sua splendida galleria/Please visit Her/His Gallery!! ______________________________________ 📸Foto scelta da/Pic chosen by: @postfata_resurgo
Admin: postata_resurgo & Ilenia_81
Visit the Bestphoto Galleries: ◽️italia_bestphoto_
🔄È gradito il repost/Repost is appreciated
📆 Data/Date: 24 giugno 2019
- لطفا 3دقیقه وقت بزارید و این سه ویدئو یک دقیقه ای را ببینید. حقیقت اینه که واقعا دیگه فرصتی نیست, نه برای نجات زمین... برای نجات خودمون, زمین بلایای بدتر از انسان به خودش دیده و همچنان پا برجاست. انقراض و نابودی بسیاری از گونه ای جانوری و گیاهان در راه است. تا دیر نشده باید بفکر بود. هر کسی از خودش شروع بکنه, زباله کمتر تولید بکنیم و اگر جایی و دیدیم زباله ای هست , پاکسازی بکنیم. تمام این ناهنجاری ها و آلودگی ها به زندگی خودمون بازمیگرده... نرخ بالای ابتلا به سرطان, بیماری ها, سیل, زلزله, طوفان, تغییرات آب و هوایی, ریزگردها, گرمایش بیش از حد زمین و اینگونه مسائل بازتاب بی تفاوتی ما انسانها به محیط زندگیمون هست... روزی یک پلاستیک کمتر استفاده کنیم میشه هشتاد میلیون پلاستیک ... و جهانی هشت میلیارد پلاستیک کمتر فقط در یک روز... کره زمین و موجودات الان به ما نیاز دارن و بیشتر از همه خودمون به کمک خودمون نیاز داریم تا دیر نشده بفکر باشیم... Save Our World