Latest #fgarygray Posts
- So I Just Watched:
Men in Black: International, 2019 • 5/10
In this new adventure, the Men in Black must tackle their greatest, most global threat to date; a mole within their organization.
Why did this have to happen? The Men in Black trilogy was perfect the way it way. The original was fantastic, the second was okay, and the third installment was actually pretty decent. Taking two whole new characters and plopping them down into this new film just doesn’t do it justice. What made the originals so fun and fantastic was the idea of not knowing who was an alien and who wasn’t. They all had a gritty vibe while this one just felt too childish and held our hand the whole way through. I found the CGI to be pretty bad for 2019 and the dialogue was pretty shit. One upside to this was the chemistry that Hemsworth and Thompson had together. They’re great in Thor Ragnarok and they’re pretty good here. But the writing is just awful and unfunny. Apart from some good actions scenes that lasted only a few minutes, they were a little fun to be had in this devastating rehash of the Men in Black franchise.
#mibinternational #fgarygray #chrishemsworth #tessathompson #liamneeson #emmathompson #rafespall #brightburn #ma #darkphoenix
- #맨인블랙인터내셔널 #MenInBlackInternational #F게리그레이감독 #FGaryGray #크리스햄스워스 #ChrisHemsworth #테사톰슨 #TessaThompson <맨인블랙3(2012)>이후 7년만의 리부트시리즈.어릴 적 우연히 MIB요원들을 목격하고 성인이 된 후 마침내 MIB본부를 찾아낸 몰리(테사 톰슨)는 MIB요원을 자진지원해 에이전트 H(크리스 햄스워드)와 한팀을 이뤄 미션을 수행하게된다.
🎬사실 <맨인블랙3>가 완결편답지않게 끝나 아쉬웠는데 이번 리부트시리즈는 뜻밖의 귀환이었다. 게다가 당연한 것일지도 모르나 윌스미스가 없는 시리즈라니...하지만 <토르:라그나로크>에서 환상적인 케미를 보여주고 <어벤져스:엔드게임>에서 다시 만난 토르 크리스 햄스워드와 발키리 테사 톰슨이 각각 에이전트 H와 에이전트 M으로 또다시 주연으로 만난다니 색다르게 느껴졌다. 그러나 평점이 지나치게 낮고 혹평이 대부분이어서 관람하지 않으려 했다. 그러나 영화프로그램에서 보여준 영상은 그리 나쁘지는 않은 듯해 보게됬다. 그렇게 보게된 영화는 주연들만 바뀌었을 뿐 이전 시리즈의 공식을 충실히 따랐고 다소 과하게 느껴지는 설명들은 오랜만에 봐서 그런지 나름 몰입하게됬다. 영화는 확실히 리부트 시리즈의 시작을 부각시켰고 속편을 예고하는 듯 했다.
- Odeon Limitless 338 - Men in Black: International - “The Men in Black have always protected the Earth from the scum of the universe. In this new adventure, they tackle their biggest threat to date: a mole in the Men in Black organisation” - Where I stand on the MIB series is as follows. MIB was great fun, MIB 2 was terrible, MIB 3 was...well a bit Meh apart from Josh Brolin’s Impression of Tommy Lee Jones. Well unfortunately for me this is a movie that disappoints. Where is that chemistry between Hemsworth and Thompson we wanted that was present in Thor Ragnarok? Maybe that comment was unfair because the script just did not present them the opportunity. A lot of jokes fell flat It just all feels half hearted and a quick cash grab by Sony. The films plot of a mole inside MIB gives no surprises at all, especially with a lack of candidates in the mix. I did though however like the character of “Pawny” voiced by Kumail Nanjiani. He at least gave the film a few moments where I had a chuckle and provided a little heartbeat in the film. I appreciate though he might be a marmite character in you will either love him or hate him. Action sequences which could have been exciting also seems to be hindered by bad editing and has an underwhelming finale that felt like it was only 2 minutes in length. This film for me will put a nail in the coffin for this franchise. 4/10 from me.
- MEN IN BLACK INTERNATIONAL fails, but it’s at least an amiable failure. Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth continue to have good chemistry, and director F. Gary Gray moves the action along briskly, but inspiration runs on fumes. One of the only new elements that works is a three-armed Rebecca Ferguson. Whereas the original film had the heart of a B movie in the body of a summer tentpole, this is little more than a hollow sequel that cannibalizes other franchises. It has a little Harry Potter, a little James Bond and a little Star Wars - but not enough personality of its own. This is just another summer movie with a handful of clever touches, but that’s not enough to make it stick. I won’t need one of the neuralizers to forget it. #meninblack #meninblackinternational #moviereview #chrishemsworth #tessathompson #fgarygray #scifi #rebeccaferguson #sircritic
- Just came back from seeing Men In Black: International, and I had a fun time watching it. It’s a bit corny at times, but it was fun. @chrishemsworth and @tessamaethompson have GREAT CHEMISTRY!!! #LowellCunningham, #TheMenInBlack, #MenInBlack, #MiB, #FGaryGray, #MenInBlackInternational, #ChrisHemsworth, #TessaThompson, #RebeccaFerguson, #KumailNanjiani, #RafeSpall, #LaurentBourgeois, #LarryBourgeois, #EmmaThompson, #LiamNeeson
- Wow, Summer 2019 is delivering some really forgettable films. I said it after Godzilla and I'll say it again: I thought we were past this. Yes, blockbusters need to be big to stand out amidst modern cinema's heavy competition, but they also need to make an effort to be better. Unfortunately, MIB: International is just another example of a Hollywood remake, reboot, or sequel that seems to think that it can get by by simply existing. That mindset is just not good enough anymore.
Safe, slow and painfully predictable, MIB: International had the advantage of following two mediocre sequels. Surely any change to the clearly tired formula would work in its favour, right? Yet despite moving some pieces around the board and offering a fresh cast and premise, MIB still manages to feel formulaic.
It's really all about the script. Scattered and hollow, Thompson and Hemsworth do their all to keep it afloat, with the latter coming off the worse. Saddled with a character arc that requires him to be irritatingly arrogant, this is the first (and hopefully last time) I'll say that Hemsworth failed to impress me. His overly smug performance made him highly unlikable, much unlike in Thor where his behaviour was justified. Thankfully, Thompson does better in a more 'straight man' role, but they never came close to recapturing their chemistry in Ragnarok for me.
Overall, it's watchable at best, but instantly forgettable. Considering it's already on its way towards flopping hard at the box office this weekend, I'd recommend that this franchise stays dormant until such time as someone comes up with a genuinely good reason to try again. See it if you must, but if you have your doubts, consider them valid. It just isn't good enough. Thoughts?
#MIBInternational #MeninBlack #TessaThompson #ChrisHemsworth #LiamNeeson #EmmaThompson #FGaryGray #Cinema #39
- #FGaryGray began his career as a director on numerous critically acclaimed and award-winning music videos, including "It Was a Good Day" by Ice Cube, "Natural Born Killaz" by Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" by Dr. Dre, "Waterfalls" by TLC, and "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast.
Gray made his feature film directorial debut with the comedy Friday (1995). He has since directed the films Set It Off (1996), The Negotiator (1998), The Italian Job (2003), Be Cool (2005), Law Abiding Citizen (2009), and Straight Outta Compton (2015). He also directed the eighth installment of the Fast and the Furious franchise, The Fate of the Furious (2017), which is the 17th highest-grossing film of all-time.
Top #fgarygray Posts
- Are you excited for the new Men in Black movie? 🕶
Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Kumail Nanjiani at the World Premiere of Columbia Pictures' “Men in Black: International” sponsored by Lexus in New York City. | June 11, 2019 | 📷: @iamjmccarthy | #GettyEntertainment for @lexususa
Click the link in our bio for more!
- Major congratulations n welcome to Superstar Director #FGaryGray on receiving his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today. His body of work is not to be Flexed on. #Friday, SetItOff,ItalianJob, countless videos, Be Cool, and so many more.
- Paul Walker's character, Brian O'Conner used to drive Japanese imports in the franchise. His replacement, Little Nobody (played by Scott Eastwood) who is his close friend in real life also drive these type of cars (Subaru BRZ and Subaru Impreza WRX STi) in this movie. These indicates a tribute to late Paul Walker from Scott as these type of cars were his favorite in the Fast and Furious franchise as Brian O'Conner and in the real life.