Latest #homeiswhereyouparkit Posts
- It's been a while since I opened up this book.
It's the first gift I ever gave to Marty, about a month or two before he spontaneously packed up his home and did eight months on the road. These mould ridden pages endured it all. I, on the other hand, was only a part-time accompaniment.
Flicking through, I can't help but weave in and out of the giggles. All those memories, moments and testing times in the Toyota Hiace.
Some will say, 'What were you thinking?' And the answer is, 'We weren't.' We weren't thinking at all — just two kids being free.
- The signs keep trying to get us on the Oregon Trail... but we know better! Did you play that game? #showingmyage
- I’m going to let you in on a little secret.🤫
Before we launched, I had so much guilt that I was ruining my children’s friendships they were building in our small town. I was sad that my son was leaving his little crew that he built up since preschool - it hurt my heart watching the kids say goodbye to their friends. The guilt eventually faded as the kids continue to keep those hometown friends and are able to through FaceTime and Kids Messenger.
A huge bonus that I didn’t consider about full-time travel was the many friendships the kids were going to make. Every park we enter the kids make friends. When we lived in our stick and bricks the friendships that the kids made were mostly school friends or kids that belonged to some of my friends. When we pull up to a new location the kids quickly scan the area for the playground or kids nearby. They go outside and make friends. They stay outside all day long playing with their new buddies and I love this. I love that my shy and introverted kids have come out of their shells and go out and explore the world around them while making friendships with kids from all over the globe.
#fulltimerv #fulltimefamily #fulltimefamilies #tinyliving #homeonwheels #homeiswhereyouparkit #glamping #rvfamily #rvlifestyle #rvliving #gorving #rving #fulltimefamilytravel #summertoremember #kidswhoexplore #adventurewithkids #rvtravel #kidswhotravel #nomadlife #wanderlust #kidtripster #dogsofinstagram
- Biking through the tunnels and taking in the spectacular views on the Tunnel Trail Canon City, Co was a great way to end the weekend!
- Sunday checklist 🚐 Buying nothin but gas, spending time living, investing in experiences 🔥
- Lake last night, river tonight.
- Rocky Mountain National Park, CO.
The wild life here is unreal!
- A few pics from our time in San Luis Obispo / Morro Bay. From ocean views, to feeding horses, to hangin with friends. A perfect way to start our adventure 😊
We just arrived at @angelscamprvresort where we will be staying for a few days to enjoy some wine and explore some new lakes and hikes!
- How do you get two dogs to look at a selfie stand?
- We used the existing door hardware as we wanted to keep the vintage look and re-use what we can! They were spray painted with brass spray paint by @whiteknightpaints
Just used a wire brush and sugar soap to clean them up before hand! Pretty happy with the results 👌
Cabinetry colours are @resenecolour 'Jaguar' (dark) + 'Half Sea Fog' (white)
- Today my mom checked into rehab for the first time in her life. Not only that, but it’s the first time she’s ever admitted she needs help. She’s in LA, and I’m now in Idaho. I finally got away, and now I’m going back. As I sit here in my van today taking it all in, I feel sad. This should be a hopeful day! A monumental and good day! And I can’t help feeling an overwhelming, drowning, heart penetrating sadness. I haven’t talked with my mom for five years. Since right before my wedding day. Last year around this time, I remember sobbing uncontrollably in a woman whom I didn’t even know’s arms while I wrote my mom one final ‘I forgive you’ letter and allowed myself to finally see scar tissue form where I healed from years of festering wounds. I vowed to not only forgive her, but to live my life in honor of her, because I know that without the constraints of addiction, my mom would live a similar life to mine and always follow her dreams. Today, I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to handle bringing her back into my life. I’m honestly wary. Did I really heal fully? Will this reopen wounds I never even knew I still had? She’ll be detoxing for 7 days, and I and my sisters will be there for her every step of the way. I can’t think about what ifs right now. I guess it’s just about taking it one day at a time.
- Now we are FINALLY done with painting!! It took way longer than expected, so many nooks and crannies. We had to get a little creative at times to make sure we got everything, plus we did 3 coats: primer/gripper, 2 coats of paint. We are getting down to the wire and so close to our first trip!
Any recommendations traveling from PA to Maine/New Hampshire or any waterfront accommodations?!
Top #homeiswhereyouparkit Posts
- Choose #responsiblevanlife for the world we love to explore, make less impact so we can all appreciate more! 🚐🌎🌿 ⠀
We are so stoked to announce the launch of @responsiblevanlife, which is a community of vanlifers striving for selfimprovement and sustainability. Whether you are already a vanlifer or you are thinking of becoming one, this is an amazing page to get inspiration and tips on how to build your van with low impact and how to minimalize your environmental footprint while on the road. It is also a great place to connect with like-minded beings. ⠀
A big thanks to @wildlfeet who are organizing the page and to everyone who has collaborated to launch it: @wetravelbybus, @vanilla.icedream, @veganonboard, @eatfreshveggies, @fromrusttoroadtrip, @bluemambatravels, @thevaneffect & @elisehalina 🧡 ⠀
We hope also you will join the conversation: Head over to @responsiblevanlife to see what responsible vanlife means to us and use the hashtag #reponsiblevanlife to share what it means to you. Let’s inspire everyone to live sustainably on the road!⠀
// Message from @thebreakawayers // Creators of the @breakawaytribe
- They say the kitchen is the heart of the home. If that's the case then this place just got a transplant and a new lease on life!
- By living on the road we often revolve around the sun and the environment. Almost everyday we are up before sunrise on our way out to watch it somewhere. Admittedly sometimes it’s just from bed in our little home on wheels. @celestecameron soaking up the morning sunshine.