Latest #itcanwait Posts
- (🇺🇸English/🇪🇸Español...👉🏻 desliza a la derecha)
There will be things we will have to wait for and it’s not going to be easy to wait, but He says to us “be brave and courageous” in the wait.
⚡️He is Sovereign and knows when it will be best to provide you the job, that house, the child, the finances, the car, the life partner, etc.⚡️
So how should we wait? Are you someone who waits complaining? Nervous? Impatiently? Peacefully?
During your waiting time, try to do the following:
Thoughts: Fill your mind with the words of God so that if temptation or torment comes, you will have ammunition to fight it 📖Phil. 4:8.
Sight: Turn your eyes from looking at worthless things. If you feed your mind with worldly things, it prevents from you focusing on what is pure. God wants to cleanse us from all carnal things and fill us with His glory 📖 Psalm 119:37.
Words: Allow your words to be filled with grace and hope. Avoid resentful speech or words that lack faith 📖Prov. 18:20-21.
👉🏻✨Remember that God withholds no good thing from the that walk uprightly 📖Psalm 84:11.
- Simply DO NOT put your yours or others lives at risk!!!
- Greetings - Please be safe on our public roads during this stormy weather. Thank you for helping us create awareness.
Factor in extra travel time in cases of delays.
Slow down and maintain a safe braking distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
Turn on your head lights.
Do not use your cell phone while driving.
Please eliminate drinking any alcohol while driving.
PLEASE share this info with your loved ones and friends.
#BoozeFreeRoads #ItCanWait #SR4A #CommunitySafety
- “She had a curiosity, and she wanted to see the world, and she was fearless.”
After losing their daughter to a driver who was texting behind the wheel, Anna and Rich Levitan founded TextLess Live More, a student-led campaign to spread awareness and put an end to distracted driving. This Great Big Story was made by @ATT. #itcanwait
- A friendly reminder! Safety is our top priority, and our mission is to get you home safe tonight. No call or text is worth your life. It can wait. #homesafetonight #itcanwait #safetyfirst
- I HAVE WEEDS! | This felt a little bit like I was announcing an STD on social media ... So I have weeds... and I’ve always been pretty embarrassed about them.
See I was always worried what these weeds represent to other people ... is she lazy, she can’t cope, she’s a mess, is she fit to be a mother. Living down a road full of retired people who have beautiful gardens, do I even belong here ? “So yeah Jen stop writing this post and go sort your weeds out”... and yes ok I will. But all the other days in my 24 hours free time you know besides the endless washing and cleaning, mowing cycle that is life - I leave my weeds.
This is the time I rest, repair, I spend time with the people I love, I go out into the countryside with the dog, I workout 🏋️♀️ or head off for an adventure. I need this time to recover, YOU need time to recover.
Weeds will always grow in beautiful gardens, don’t let them define who you are. One day you’ll get out there tackle those weeds and expose the beauty that was already there.
Whether your weeds be metaphorical ones or in your garden, it’s important to put your own well-being as a top priority.
Some people are complete clean freaks - I salute you .... but for this laid back chick it will wait I’m busy building my empire, as long as my kid is wearing a smile it’s the only representation I need.
- Don’t let those good summer memories turn into nightmares by making the tragic decision to drink or text and drive!📢
- Are you a “morning person”? I never was. And honestly, it’s still a struggle for me to be one. I LOVE my sleep...naps are my best friend.
But... I just finished listening to “The 5 Second Rule" by @melrobbins and her advice is GOLD. One thing that Mel says that has really stuck with me is that “productivity comes down to the ability for you to put your stuff FIRST.” If you want your dreams to come true, you've got to work toward them. Seems simple, right? I'm sure you've heard it before too, right? But actually DOING it?! Actually taking ACTION on your goals and dreams? That's a different story.
But here is the point she makes that really gets me...why put someone else's life and priorities ahead of your own? Why go to a job to help live out someone else’s vision if it’s not something you yourself are passionate about, too? This is YOUR life and you only get one...so why waste it chasing after someone else's dreams?
Don't get me wrong...I am NOT saying you shouldn't care about others or start being rude to people you work for/with. What I'm saying is, you've got to change your priorities.
I used to check my phone immediately after the alarm went off, feeling like I HAD to respond to messages in my inbox so I wouldn’t disappoint anyone. But after listening to Mel’s book, I understand that those messages can wait; that I need to fill my own cup before pouring into someone else’s.
So now, I get up, I go to my office, I spend 5 minutes journaling about what I’m grateful for, read my vision and goals, and plan out my day. Not only does this help set me up for success, but I’ve taken the time to really focus on ME — on MY goals and dreams — and it’s made a world of difference in my whole outlook of every day I’ve been given.
After your alarm goes off, your phone can wait. Instagram can wait. Facebook can wait. E-mails can wait.
Make your goals a priority. Make YOURSELF a priority. You are so worth it.
#priorities #mondaymornings #morningperson
- On July 21, 2018, a young man destroyed a life. Most of you may now what happened, but as the year mark passes, I find myself struggling to control my emotions. For those of you that do not know, a year ago, my mother got something she’d wanted for some time: she became a grandmother. My sister and her amazing husband welcomed into the world my wonderful niece. Barely a month after Mom and I returned home from Chicago, a reckless young man ruined our lives.
She was walking home from the store, when this young man felt changing the music on his phone was more important then paying attention to the road. He swerved over the yellow lines, crossed lanes, and struck her, head on. I doubt I’ll ever forget the phone call I received at work, telling me what happened.
The injuries were catastrophic; the authorities didn’t even believe she would make the trek to the hospital from the scene. By some miracle, and her own strength of will, she survived. She survived both legs being broken, fractured vertebrae in her neck and back, facial fractures, a destroyed pelvis, a coma, and a series of strokes.
I’ve always admired my mother. She was always strong and stubborn and tough. She HAD to be. I wouldn’t be the woman I am without her. We still don’t know the what the future holds, but her recovery has been astounding. Literally, miraculous.
I hope everyone remembers to practice caution when you drive. Do NOT touch your phone while you drive. I swear to you, it can wait. Do not risk someone’s life. Do not risk your own. It’s really, really not worth it. #itcanwait #donttextanddrive #survivor
- I know we like to be motivated, but I don’t agree with this quote🤨
Keep going for what ?!? I’m over the surviving the beat down and all the super women crap we tell one another.
We’re not work horses or slaves so why ?why do we have to keep going all the time.
SIT DOWN and REST !! You deserve to be taken care of. 😘😘
- My Daughter Melissa Pastor is so incredible, if you text her while she’s driving you will get a return text saying she is “driving and will respond after” ..... so simple- I’m going to commit to this as well! WHOS IN? #illgetbacktoyou #justdrive #itcanwait
- This was a real person. A daughter, a friend, a coworker. Her life was cut short by something that was completely unnecessary. Her death was totally preventable. This is why we ask you to put your phone down. Is your life or the life of another really worth that Instagram story? Is it really worth you tagging your friends in your lip syncing video? Is it really worth going live and reading the comments people are sending you? Please, just wait. #pledge2EndDD #enddistracteddriving #itcanwait #yourphoneoryourlife #drivingwhileinfluencing #dwi
Thank you to @mar_slay_na for sharing this. My heart goes out to you and your family.
- 7PM monkey grass divided...too hot to replant! #itcanwait
Top #itcanwait Posts
- I took the #ItCanWait pledge to drive distraction free ~ will you join me? It may be ridiculous to drive with this huge clunker of a phone, but it's equally ridiculous to look at ANY phone when you're behind the wheel...in fact, it can be deadly. So, take the pledge with me at bit.ly/ATT_IGCar1_MR #ad Link in bio! @att
- This happened while we were in San Diego and it’s going to stay like this a while bc it’s too damn hot to do anything without getting more annoyed so what’s another few days🤷🏽♀️🤣? #WhatAnEffinDisaster #ItCanWait
- It's true what they say- sharing is caring! Which is why I let my new friend know that distracted driving is reckless. I took the pledge to put my phone down when behind wheel. Join me at bit.ly/ATT_IGHV2_MR #ad #ItCanWait @att
- Can we all agree to stop playing on the phone when behind the wheel? Whatever you're checking or posting isn't as important as your life - so... #ItCanWait #ad bit.ly/ATT_IGHV_MR
- I got Caught cheating hahaha. Sitting in my friends Ontario Provincial Police Tahoe cruiser lol. 4380 isn't happy about it 😆
What y'all think? Suits Pappy or no?
Interesting vehicle stop this week. Unfortunately, it wasn't the first time something like this happened but it really illustrates how holding or using a cell phone distracts you when driving.
I had a vehicle stop, my cruiser had its lights flashing, I was wearing a bright yellow jacket and in full uniform with another vehicle stop in the curb lane and a driver drove up beside me holding and using a cell phone oblivious that I'm standing there or he just passed a police car with its lights flashing. I tapped on the passenger window and issued the driver a #distracteddriving ticket valued at $615, 3 days suspension after payment and 3 points.
It's really not worth it and #itcanwait
Have a great weekend. Take care of yourself, promise me. Let's keep safe and let's all drive safe because Pappys says so, do you smeeeeeeelllll what Pappy is cooking 😆 lol.
#pappystips #pappythat #pappysstories #police #toronto #livepd #reallife #coolcop #opp #torontopolice #haveagreatweekend @tps43division @torontopolice