Latest #nps Posts
- Ending our year long #MichelVangelo trip with a backpack trip on Isle Royale NP! Here's hoping we're still smiling by Saturday 😜
- “It is a good thing thing, therefore, to make short excursions, now and then...up among the clouds on mountain tops...to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.” Muir
From Nature Journal of Rita Naomi, June 2018
We crossed the continental divide where waters run east to the Mississippi and West into the Colorado and Pacific. Robbie and I are amazed (and silly with wonder) that little trickle you see in the picture, the river we can straddle with both feet is the origin of the great Colorado, a river that feeds and makes survivable living in the large cities of Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. Having traveled to the dams of Glen Canyon and Lake Meade, to see the Colorado in its pure and most vulnerable form, is magic...the sacred font of natures great cathedral.
Beauty in the high country flowing down to us all...we would do well to take responsibility and treat the water flowing from on high as the sacred blessed resource it is. Our well-being depends on it, not just for us but the generations that follow.
Robbie is now a #juniorranger (over 100 badges now!) for #rockymountainnationalpark #nationalparks #findyourpark #healing #nature #yoga #nps #ritanaomi #mindfulness #magic #meditate #mountains #wellbeing #sacred #whatisyourlegacy #compassion #compasión @ Continental Divide, Rocky Mountain National Park
- #Repost @seeingspotsphoto
• • • • • •
Heartwood :: WA
Three years ago I made my first trip to Oregon where I hiked through Opal Creek Wilderness. The trail there is incredibly lush, with mossy halls and nurse logs for days. In fact, that is where I learned what nurse logs were – a fallen tree that, as it decays, provides shelter and nutrients to seedlings. That struck a cord for me. Ever since then, nurse logs have made me smile when I stumbled upon them. We all need help and protection somewhere along the way to help us thrive, and there is something heartwarming about the idea of the younger generations building upon the foundations of the generation before them in the hopes of growing to greater heights. It’s a great metaphor for our own lives, and reminds me to appreciate all of the help I’ve had along the way in my own journey.
I have so much gratitude for all of the support that every one of you have given to me. I’ve been fortunate enough to have some incredible mentors and photography friends who encourage me to be my best, and I feel motivated to work harder by all of your kind words, referrals for work, print purchases, etc. You guys keep me reaching for new heights and I cannot thank you enough for your support over the years!
#treescapes #nationalparks #nps #rainforest #induropushfurther #nikon #hikelikeawoman #hikelife #pnwonderland #pnw #pnwlife #exploremore #getoutside #igerswashington #discoverwashington #olympicnationalpark #chasinglight #esferazulxelclima
- Fiery Pink Sky Sunrise in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia 💕
- Anyone can photograph a sunrise at sea level, but capturing a sunrise above clouds off the side оf a mountain is special in its own breathtaking way. We were around 13,000 feet when the sun made its appearance on our summit day on Mount Rainier.
#sunrise #mountrainier #nikon #fourteener
Top #nps Posts
- Where?? This is Glacier National Park of course. You have got to get there at least once. -
- || M O N U M E N T A L ||
Who’s been to this historic site? Let us know it the comments! || Amazing shot by @aedanarnot 📸