Latest #over50 Posts
- BEAUTIFUL COLORS ANYWHERE I LOOK - THIS IS A GIFT OF SUMMER! I AM GREATFUL!
Enjoy the beauty of the day, my dear InstaFriends! Find the moment to smell the roses and say important words to your loved once, even if it's through the text (my case! since my children and grandchildren are far away!)🌹🌹🌹🌹
@pjsboutique -dressed by
#over40 #over50 #over60 #instapost #joy #gratitude #summer
- I thought for sure the ‘meat and potato’ low residue diet dr put me on was going to knock my points out of the park. 🤔
- 🌟I have spent 3 days travelling around on British roads and here are my observations of public toilets... .
You get in to find the door won’t latch. You would hang your bag on the door hook, if there was one, but there isn’t, so you drape it around your neck, def not on the floor! Then assume ‘The Stance.’
In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake. You’d love to sit down, but you certainly hadn’t taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold ‘The Stance.’ To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. .
You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday – the one that’s still in your bag. That will have to do. You crumple it in the puffiest way possible. It’s still smaller than your thumbnail.
Someone pushes your door open because the latch doesn’t work. You reach forward to push the door shut at which point your thighs decide they’ve had enough and you topple backward against the tank of the toilet, dropping your precious, tissue in a puddle on the floor, and sit down on the wet seat. You bolt up, knowing all too well that it’s too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form.
The automatic sensor on the back of the toilet senses your back and flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire hose against the inside of the bowl that sprays a fine mist all over your bottom.
At this point, you give up, pull your pants up over your wet bottom, open the door with your elbow, try and wash your hands in sinks where none of the sensors are working so no water comes out of the taps, you run your dry hands under the dryer for appearances sake wishing you could do the same to your bottom.
Leaving the bathrooms, you find your husband impatiently waiting outside “what took you so long” he says cheerily. 🙄
- 5. Huir del tabaco:
El tabaco puede adelantar el comienzo de la menopausia, por lo que hay que evitar fumar y, en la medida de lo posible, ser fumadora pasiva.
6. Realizar controles periódicos de tensión arterial, colesterol y glucosa.
Para detectar a tiempo cualquier irregularidad al respecto.
7. Acudir a las revisiones ginecológicas.
Para evitar los problemas típicos de esta etapa, es imprescindible un control ginecológico periódico. El médico valorará la severidad de los síntomas y los posibles tratamientos.
8. Especial atención a la retención de líquidos y al envejecimiento de la piel.
Durante la menopausia, es habitual sufrir también estos problemas paralelos. Una correcta alimentación, el ejercicio, las terapias de compresión y tratamientos faciales adecuados pueden ayudar a disminuir estos inconvenientes.
Compartiendo #tips #saludables 😉
Vive tu Ahora no hay más 😃, #felizdia 💜. #fitnesstips #estilodevida #over50 #mujeres #belleza #healthyblogger #bienestar #salud #sano #menopausia
- Estrogen Dominance plagues overs 70% of women at some point! Did you know that IF your liver function is optimal and your fiber is high so good elimination (hmmm...) then your body will get rid of the "bad" estrogens, however, for many of us, this is not happening. YES, there is help so keep reading. 🙏 ED causes a long list of "stuff" we do not like such as: • PMS and/or depression
• Heavy, irregular or absent periods • Postmenopausal bleeding
• Spider or varicose veins
• Lumpy breasts • Fibrocystic breasts • Irritability, mood swings, or anxiety
• Headaches or migraines, particularly before your period
• Fat around your hips
• Thyroid nodules
• History of thyroid cancer • Bloating, puffiness, or water retention
• Lumpy or fibrocystic breasts
Later I will share the entire list of yummy foods that help clear OUT the bad estrogens and keep our protective estrogen but for now, let's all commit to increasing our DAILY Cruciferous Vegetables that include: • Broccoli & power house Brussel Sprouts
• Collard greens
• Mustard greens
• Radishes (all sorts) • Bok choy
These are anti-inflammatory, high in fiber to help with elimination of estrogen (and more!), help detox your liver so it can clear out too much Estrogen, and they ROCK for nutrient value...and taste GREAT! 🤗💪👏 #feellikeyouagain
- On Tuesday’s we meditate ... actually that’s not true, I meditate every day ... but on Tuesday’s we go to Kadampa meditation classes ... taking up meditation just 18 months ago was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself ... I live life without regret but I dearly wish I’d discovered the pure joy of meditation much earlier in life. Still better late than never ... #tuesdaymeditation #liftselfie #peaceawaits
- Best seat in town.
I’ve just returned from visiting my dad who is going on 89 years strong.
He amazes me and I can only hope I have his tenacity when I get to 89.
When he’s not busy working in his barn or painting, his favorite pastime is to sit on the huge porch of the house that he designed and built, and gaze at the distant ocean.
It’s a pretty great spot, I must admit.
I have to think that aging is a very tricky thing both in mind and body. .
I know my dad struggles in his body (bad knee, gets tired easily..) but he never complains. In his mind he is so incredibly positive always. He has always been this way. He is almost unable to say anything negative about anything ever.
it’s something striking that people who know him notice. He has always been either neutral or positive about any given situation all through his life.
When I was little it bothered me sometimes. And I used to say to him “doesn’t anything make you angry?” He would never show his anger. And needless to say, he was the one we would run to when my mother was angry! 😣
Something to aspire to. There is a lot to be said for always looking on the bright side and thinking good thoughts about people and situations.
It goes a long way. ❤️
thinking good thoughts today about the world and all the good people of the world and the future of our world.
I know that good things are coming.😊🙏🏼
#Maine #staypositive #onedayatatime #agewell #goodness #struggle #appreciate #blessings #positivity #thebrightside #calm #faith #understanding #still #confident #accepting #goodthingsarecoming #wherefocusgoesenergyflows #over50 #50slife #womenover50 #over50club #womenentrepreneurs #midlifewomenrock
【呼ばないで〜🙀Don’t call me】
くっつかない健康フライパン #ruhru がきたから、付いていたレシピブックで一番簡単そうなフォカッチャを試すことに。
Have a good evening 😻
- To tuck or not to tuck.
It's not even a question with this fitted waist and flared skirt from Loft. But it made me think about when and how to tuck. I normally have never liked to tuck in tops... I do try to wear tops that allow me to keep them on the outside. It's a comfort and a look thing. With jeans or pants, yes a lot of times tucking in looks best. With a pencil skirt absolutely. A maxi skirt can be tricky and skinny jeans and leggings I usually wear a shirt on the outside
What do you find more slimming? With the paper bag waist trend I have been wearing more tops tucked and I like it. Just my Tuesday thoughts! #loftstyle #loveloft #loftgirl #mystyle #skirts #over40 #over50 #styleoftheday #ootd #lace #fashioninspo #outfitinspo #summerstyle #rhodeislandblogger
Top #over50 Posts
- There is one common beauty mistake which can instantly age us, and that is eyeliner which is way too dark and not blended. What worked for us in our younger years may not work for us now. Does this mean no more eyeliner for us 50 plus, no chance. Swap black eyeliner with softer shades of brown, green or blue, which is the colour I love and am comfortable with. Changing to these tones does wonders to enhance and provide definition. It will brighten the face and bring back that spark of youth. Enjoy your week everyone. #over50 #eyeliner
- I think I therefore kaftan.... yes, these animal prints are everywhere. Snakeprint, leopard and now we are seeing more and more zebra. I wore this dress to a big charity dinner in one of Houston’s finest homes back in May. It was definitely the most talked about dress there. I love the way kaftans display so much elegance. This dress can still be purchased but sizing is almos gone so l wa able to find it in a couple of online stores for you. I sized up one size. We also linked several other zebra print dresses. To shop click link in my bio or shop my daily looks by following me on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app . http://liketk.it/2CP7o #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKwedding #LTKstyletip #LTKspring #LTKsalealert #LTKunder100 #kaftan #zebraprints #zebraprint #elegance #cocktaildress #kaftandress