Latest #pinupstyle Posts
- Day 3 How did your Pin Up adventures begin?? #Repost @anita_mae_mercy • • • • • •
Day 3 of the #GetAcquaintedWithTheLusciousLadies challenge : “Pinup Adventure - How Did It Begin” //// September 23, 2017 - the day I consider Anita Mae Mercy’s official creation day. My mom was born in 1950 and always seemed so glamorous. She used to rag roll my hair on Saturday nights so it would look fabulous for church on Sunday morning. She sewed all my clothes when I was a kid and (even though I grew up in the 80s) she loved a good nod to the 40s, 50s, and 60s. We only listened to the oldies channel growing up. My Dad drove a 1954 Chevy as his daily driver. Then in my teens I was obsessed with shopping at thrift stores, and wearing leisure suits and other vintage finds to be “different.” My hubby bought his 1966 Ford f100 when we were dating in high school. I was around for the entire process of turning it into a kustom, over the years. We rode in it on our wedding day! One of the things we’ve always loved is going to car shows. Over the years I have gotten more and more into the pinup culture, learning different hair and makeup techniques. I love spending “me time” getting dolled up and going out to have some fun. Good cars, good music, good people! Then on September 23, 2017 we attended #thenewenglandshakeup and there I met The New England chapter of #thelusciousladies. Their hashtag is “youCANsitwithus” - and I was smitten. I’ve always been a believer in kindness and positivity. I reached out to find out more about them, and decided to take the jump - crossover from “something I like to do” to actually considering myself a baby “pinup” - I booked my first photo shoot days later! //////////// #thelusciousladies #newenglandlusciousladies #nelusciousladies #pinup #pinupgirl #babypinup #pinupstyle #pinuphair #pinupinspired #vintagehair #retrohair #pinuplife #plussizepinup #vintagegal #modernpinup #pinupinspired #51ford #acarcalledlabomba #becomingapinup
- Future Cougar in Training
- More from my selections at Woodman Shimko Gallery in Provincetown, MA this summer. I’m hearing that my new #sailor series is perfect for #ptown...
- After I took this picture I tripped down my stairs, accidentally threw my phone at a wall and scared myself half to death. 🤷🏼♀️ On the flip side, my poodle is mega fluffy and only took me fifteen minutes to tame. How is your day going so far?
- it’s been a minute! but I should have ALL orders from the release shipped out by Monday! Which is exactly in the 2 week timeframe 🎉🎉🎉 some of you may start receiving tracking emails tonight/tomorrow as I will be shipping in batches. This by far was my biggest amount of orders & I can’t thank you all enough for the amazing support & patience 🖤
Top #pinupstyle Posts