Latest #stlucia Posts
- I’m tryna hop into this picture, I need you Mary Poppins
"Couldn't recommend Aoife and the team at Pretty in the City more!!. They are all friendly and professional, making you feel right at home.
The results have been amazing and my skin has never looked better. 😍 Thanks team, I am looking forward to my next visit. ❤️" - Carol S
- Help me to congratulate my little brother and his beautiful and amazing wife on their matrimony. I wish the two of you many years of happiness. I'm a proud brother!!! 6 foot 10 inches and a 6 foot lady! Hurry up and make some children 😍😍😍
- We love it when our island friends send photos of our items they have spotted in different stores. Here are our island sarongs on display in St.Lucia in the British West Indies, Caribbean x
- The Pitons (St. Lucia)
Rising tall from the sea and covered in emerald-colored vegetation, these volcanic plugs (or land formations made out of volcanic materials) are the most iconic sight in all of St. Lucia.
- Brown-stew Fish with Festivals & Fried Bammy. 👉🏾 Repost @qqfoodjournal
Top #stlucia Posts
- St Lucia is famous for its volcano and natural hot springs 🌋 The mud is healing and leaves your skin feeling super soft. And has you looking like a Wakandan princess.
- #discoverstlucia Red, green and white; doesn't this photo make you feel like Christmas?
This is the Great House at La Dauphine Estate, a working cocoa plantation dating back to the 18th century, set in the mountains near Soufriere, St Lucia.
It is a lasting reminder of the Caribbean's 'bitter sweet' colonial past, as were the donkey and the copper pot (not gold) in my previous posts.
Yes, both the donkey and the copper pot (not gold) played important roles in the processing of sugar on the Caribbean's sugar cane plantations.
(Those were the closest sugarcane IG emojis I could find).
Donkeys were used to power the mill that crushed the sugar cane stalks and extracted the sweet cane juice. The donkey in my previous post is harnessed to the mill for a very brief historical demonstration...he does not toil all day long like his ancestors did.
The juice extrated from the crushed cane was then boiled in the grand copper pots until it crystalised.
So, well done to @thetrinitravelbug; 10 points for immediately giving the correct answer. 👏👏🥇🏆
Hope you enjoy these 5 virtual chocolate bars, appropriately sweetened with Caribbean sugar!
And kudos to the rest of you who gave those humorous yet very logical answers.
You guys can all share this bar of chocolate...take a bite and pass along.
#stlucia #caribbean #soufriere #ladauphine #ladauphineestate #colonial #colonialarchitecture #architecture #greathouse #plantationgreathouse #caribbeanhistory #historicalhome #plantation #cocoaplantation #cocoahouse #chocolate #bittersweet #redgreenandwhite #christmas #
- Just bringing some black girl magic to the island of St. Lucia 🇱🇨 Happy to report that all of these beautiful girls and I survived an island Girls Trip that was LIT AF! Eternally grateful for friends such as these!
And I will be posting pix of St. Lucia for the foreseeable future #sorrynotsorry #theblacktravelclub