Latest #worldofportraits Posts
- A maior derrota na vida é quando paramos de lutar pelos nossos sonhos
- Do you give yourself the chance to be yourself?
✨Tag someone paving their own path
lll 🚻 @sumonaseth_ 🚻 lll
We decide which path to take
It's a choice we sometimes don't realize
Most of the time we just forget
Set on this journey formed by others
Did we ever learn about choice
Who's path are we on
Building blocks based on outside hopes
Dreams created by previous generations
All pointing us in their direction
Sometimes I forget life is a choice
This is a journey we put ourselves on
Steering our own ship
Paving our own way
Surround yourself with those people
The ones who value these choices
Who understand the power of their own creations
Grow with them
Love with them
Live with them
- Skate or ⚰️
- THE FAT GIRL WHO LIVES WITHIN.
Part 2/3. #fearlessfrida
Flying at the speed of 30 km/hour. At 3000 ft. Above the antique salt pools of Pammukale, Turkey, sure sounds like a plan. But what no one prepares you for, is the landing. If you are a tad bit paranoid like me you will run the math in your head as, you are heading straight to the ground.
Do a self inspiration spiel while shitting bricks- 'I will time this perfectly, stick out my feet and tadah, I will be land on my feet.' That day was about everything else but the math.
It was about a flashback to my school's jungle gym, about my skirt being too tight digging into my loose jiggling flab, about panting for breath, about climbing onto that jungle gym and sliding hands, fragile ego, low self esteem, loud sneering and bullying. They would say- 'Look, the weird fatso fell down again.' I would try everyday to defeat the enemy jungle gym. But the score card, pretty predictable. Jungle Gym: 3456789. Me: 0.
It continued, the routine. Panting, Skirt Digging Into my Fat Flesh, Climbing, Falling, Sneering, Bullying, Name Calling. MOTI, HIPPO, FATTY, FATASS, PUDGY.
And here I was in mid air trying make that landing again. 'This time I will land on my feet.' I mumbled.
Fat girl within-' You will fall like the jungle gym.' Me: ' No, I can do it .'
Fat girl within -'Fatso, the earth will probably crack with the impact.'
It was time to shut the fat girl in my head. In 3, 2, 1, said the instructor, here we go. And I couldn't. I landed on my knees, scraped it bad. The fat girl won that day but I won too. Because that was the beginning of challenging my inner fat girl. And everyday post that, I won. RIP. FAT GIRL.
My personal account draws many parallels with Frida Kahlo's fine work, Las Dos Fridas ( The two Fridas) and her duality of emotions
In Frame & Write Up @dash_of_badassery
Shot on Nikon D750 @nikonindiaofficial
Top #worldofportraits Posts
- What we pass to the next generation is an inheritance of value or debt. Just as in the passing of a loved one, we can be left with bills, or a gem that has appreciated. This reality transcends material and monetary things—we pass on spiritual integrity, mental health, physical health and habits to ensure a life of length and quality. We pass on the example of possibility and the power of perseverance. We can hand over the debt acquired from a lack of action or we can stand up and build a foundation to a castle. I try to focus everyday in examining what I’m doing today to impact what is inherited tomorrow. (Oakland, Ca -2017) #oakland #westoakland #fujifilm #fuji_xseries
- Whatever is good for your soul, do that chizz