Latest #writersofinstagram Posts
- Moving cities, moving towns,
Rooted to none, smiles and frowns.
Want for difference and change,
She felt like an outcast, strange.
Thick scented in the air,
To people and places,
Seeing the same faces.
Oh, I want something new,
Not plain black, a different hue,
A new home to come to,
The old one, said adieu.
Bags all packed up,
Now she was grown-up,
Rich cultures to live in,
Live through thick and thin.
Her pillow flattened down,
With the weight of her crown,
Her bed moulded with time,
To fit her body's clime.
She wanted new air,
To tangle her hair,
She wanted to move on,
Before she was gone.
Didn't listen to a song twice,
Needed both sweet and spice,
She had a long road ahead,
Which she never once dread.. ~thryaksha
Picture Courtesy : we heart it •tags•
#poem #poetry #poet #poetess #poetryslam #poetrystillexists #poetrycommunity #poetryisnotdead #writer #writing #writingcommunity #blues #poetsofinstagram #writersofinstagram #distance #alone #independent #strong #women #womenempowerment #rhyme #feminism #feminist #power #tastehermind #bleedingsoulpoetry
- A few words of wisdom for this sunny Tuesday✨🍃 ⠀⠀
- Things aren't supposed to be black and white, there has always been grey edges or even intersections. Like the moon that shines bright in the night sky, which rules the night with just the reflective of the sun's energy and yet the moon still has its own charm. Not being the sun's shadow or whatever you may call it.
I was never a shadow. But sometimes my past overshadowed me in a way I couldn't control. I want to be like the moon; gracefully controlling the high and low tides of the ocean. I don't want to experience highs and lows so frequent. Really? is calm waters too hard to ask for?
This was typed at 2.22 AM today, just another unsettling night. A planned 'latepost' and a night full of questions. Or should I say morning?
#latepost #2amthoughts #thoughts #spilledink #writersofinstagram #writingsofthatwitch
- // there is hope
Seven years ago,
Depression hit me
I could hardly make it
out of bed
I used to stay up late
cry and eat ice-cream
Five years ago,
Insomnia became clingy
I couldn't manage to even get
an hour of sleep
Without a nightmare
never had a good night's dream
Three years ago,
Anxiety chose to befriend me
It was that toxic friend
Who made me distant from
One year ago,
I looked into the mirror
deciding to make an effort
to mend myself
I allowed some light in
At this point, I was terrified
of the darkness
All I'm trying to say is,
There is hope my friend
It takes a little extra effort
To push yourself to the other side
and get to your wonderful future
- "Andar se kuch aur hi hai hum, aur baahar se majboor."/ A pregnant lady is looking sideways at the phone of a guy in the grey shirt. I on the other hand, am looking at the phone of this girl sitting next to me, as I do my best to move my eyeballs, and give myself the view I deserve to dissect this human being to the highest of my detective capabilities, without being conspicuous. 'Heer toh badi sad hai,' blasts through my head phones. This girl is typing furiously, and I squint my eyes a little to be able to see better. She's talking to this man she's saved in her phone as 'Gautam Tiwari Office.' I conclude that he wasn't intended to be anything more than an acquaintance, but the speed with which she was telling him to 'fuck off,' told me that didn't quite work out like that. Somewhere down the line he accelerated into the road of friendship, skid over to the other side, and quickly crashed. It wasn't the magnificent stunt he had hoped for. He says sorry. She turns off her phone. I applaud her in my head. This is the girl who knows what she wants, and how to get it, I deduce. The guy in the grey shirt squints his eyes and deduces that I'm a loser who has nothing interesting going on in her life so is looking at other people's phones. The boy infront of us watches a movie in his own phone oblivious to the lives around him, but he then gets up first to give the pregnant lady his seat. It was possible to be 100% true in your deduction, but you can never deduce the 100% truth, that's what the pregnant lady deduces when she sits down. The name of the next station is announced, and we are asked to stand away from the doors. Humans, inside, stand close to each other and just go on about living like an unedited page of a book one can never get to read in its entirety. I open instagram, and the grey shirt guy starts looking at it. The girl opens her phone and texts Gautam Tiwari Office again. The boy gets down at the next station. I don't think about where he's going, but I wonder how that movie ends. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#tamasha #delhimetro #photography
#writingchallenge #poetsofinstagram #poetry #shortstory #poemsporn #poetrycommunity #poetsofig #prose
Top #writersofinstagram Posts
- Yippee to surviving the weekend! It was a short one, but I’m welcoming the week with a #magicalmonday filled with beautiful skies, good health and the prospect of having a creative writing experience.
Fairies can represent peace, mystic, levity and are guardians within nature. On the flip side, they can be vengeful, malicious, deceitful and masters of chaos. Either way, when fairies are included in stories, my interest is peaked.
QOTD: Do you have a favorite book that features fairies?
Follow these writers to discover more of their interests.
#fairies #idobelieveinfairies #ya #fairyfanatic #author #youngadult #fantasy #fiction #writersofinstagram #books #reader #bookstagram #yabooks #youngadultbooks #yafantasy #bookobessed #booklife #bookishlove #ctonigraham #bookishfeature #bookhoarder #bookcommunity #books
- I’m in @powellsbooks 😍 I paid them a visit when I was in Portland last year and fell in love. Best bookstore of my life.
- The point where the sky and the sand meet, thats not on earth but in your thoughts.
The way you dive into your deep mind like a whale in the waters, oh human you make it happen.
You look yourself and see a nothing but I beg you to think beyond and feel yourself, what you actually are. You will realize how easily your “I want to..”, turns into “I am..”.
Your mind is those grains of sand where the ocean of thoughts collapse, and where everything looks so beautiful.
You think, this world makes you look tiny but ask your mind and it will tell you, it’s you and your thoughts that makes the multiverse look so huge.
The point where the sky and sand meet, oh human..! #moodywriter
#writersofinstagram #writes #writers #writerscommunity #writerslife #instagram #writersoninstagram #writing #writinginspiration
#indianwriters #toronto #woodbinebeach
- ✨ BOOK 3 TITLE! ✨ One year ago today, I finished the first draft of this manuscript. And so I thought it would be the perfect time to (at long last!) share the title and a few elements of this book with you! ✨ SISTERS OF SWORD AND SONG will be published on June 23, 2020, which means we’re just a little over a year away from release! ✨This is a Young Adult Fantasy standalone novel. It is not connected or related to TQR—SISTERS is set in a new world and will have a host of new characters. If you saw my aesthetic board I shared last week, I dropped a hint about the setting: this book is set in a fantasy realm but is heavily inspired by Ancient Greece. ✨ Please note this graphic I made is not the cover. I have indeed seen the cover and it is BEAUTIFUL! I hope to unveil the cover and official synopsis in a few more months! As a final note, here are a few things you can expect from this book: •a story about two sisters
•myths that breathe
•magic steeped in song and writing
•deep family binds
•a slow burning romance
•wind rustling through an olive grove •sun reflecting on bronze armor
•girls who are imperfect yet brave, who make their own legends